Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Acid Reflux Forum

Acid reflux, nausea, vertigo, nasal congestion

Must Read
Almost everyone experience heartburn or acid indigestion at times. But what is acid reflux and how could it cause more serious problems?...
Can you tell the difference between common heartburn symptoms and signs of more serious digestive problems? Learn when and how to take action for acid reflux....
Heartburn is common, but it is not trivial. It's important to diagnose and treat heartburn or acid reflux as early as possible. Review diagnostic procedure now...
Hello,

I am a 29 years old healthy woman. I have acid reflux problem. 3 years ago I had an endoscopy and it showed normal but my doctor wanted me to do it every three years. He asked me to raise my bed and stop drinking coffee, alcohol and green tea. So I started a strict diet for a while and raised my bed. I also took Omiperazol for a long period of time per his prescription (more than 4 months). I was generally better at the time. I weighed 102 Ib. My height is 5 2.

Now three years after, I am experiencing really bad acid reflux episodes. I haven't been particularly careful about what I eat or my sleep position. The reason I am writing here is because I have also experienced certain other problems and I'd like to share and get opinions about.

I have a normal blood, TSH, Cholestral, blood count, sugar, etc. My doctor thinks I am ok but I have been feeling really weak lately. Acid reflux is hurting me a lot, I feel nausea almost all the time. I have recently experienced a really bad motion sickness. I cannot sit in a car. I will be sick for hours after even a short drive. I have vertigo sometimes. And yesterday and the day before I had really bad headache.

I am on Bupropion 200 SR and also birth control Yaz. I weigh 103.5 right now. Not sure if this would be relevant but I have TMJ and have limited mouth opening. Can that cause vertigo? I have had TMJ for almost a year.

I don't smoke, I barely ever drink. I don't drink coffee but I love green tea and I drink a couple green tea glasses per day. I don't eat chocolate or sweet things. But there is another weird thing about me that I don't quiet understand and might be a symptom. I crave really sour things at night. Sour fruity (like plums, and dried apricot) not lemon and not artificial flavors. I also really like Salt but not in the food. I add it to the sour stuff I crave and eat them. Most women I know love sweet flavors but not me. Is that a sign of a deficiency? I also have Vitamin D defiency which I taking supplements for.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 8th, 2011
Extremely eHealthy (online)

replied October 27th, 2011
Hi!

I too am suffering from bad acid reflux symptoms and motion sickness. I’m 35 and like you, I’m healthy. I barely drink now and don’t smoke and have tried my best to cut down on coffee. I have followed all the suggestions to help acid reflux such as diet and raising the bed and am on a high dosage of Omeprazole. I’m not overweight and I exercise a lot. Yet the nausea is constant and I vomit in the mornings. My blood tests are normal and I don’t have h-pylori. The endoscopy showed a hiatus hernia and some inflammation.
Have you found anything that has helped the nausea yet?

Like you I’m doing everything I should be doing for reflux, but nothing is helping. I’m also more of a savoury person as opposed to sweet and I like sour stuff, although I can’t say I have the cravings like you do.

I’m feeling quite desperate, so if you have any advice I would be so grateful.
|