Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Acid Reflux Forum

Acid reflux and throat damage

Must Read
Flu basics - what is the flu? Get started here to learn how to protect yourself....
Who is at risk of developing flu related complications? Can people die from the flu? More on risk factors here....
We answer your questions on flu symptoms here. How are cold and flu symptoms different? When should you seek medical help for flu? Plus more....
Hi im 18 yrs old and have acid reflux i think it has damaged my throat cause it pains alot my tonsils feel swollen. This is bad because i want to persue singing and music but my throat hurts alot what can i do to stop this?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 27th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
Do some lifestyle changes (reduce the acid reflux triggers, like smoking, eating certain food) and in frequent and severe attacks of acid reflux, try to ease the symptoms with certain drug therapy.
Hoarseness, dry cough, the sensation of having a lump in the throat, and the need to repeatedly clear the throat, trouble swallowing, chronic sore throat, are all less common symptoms of acid reflux and throat and voice-box complications, usually, result from long-standing not-controlled acid reflux.
|
Did you find this post helpful?