Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Chest Pain Forum

Aches in left side of chest

Must Read
What is pneumonia? Learn basic facts about pneumonia here, plus how doctors define the different types of pneumonia that people can get....
Some people are more at risk of getting pneumonia than others. Are you one of them? Learn more about how you get pneumonia and who is at risk here....
Chest pain is typical during cases of pneumonia. But what other signs and symptoms should you look for? Know when to seek medical help by starting here....
User Profile
I have been having slight to moderate pains, that i would describe as aches, in the left side of my chest. Along with this i have had times where my heartbeat feels irregular, and this last for up to 5 min on end. Along with this, somtimes but not often i have slight pain in left neck, and weird slight tingly feeling in left chest and somtimes left arm. Somtimes when i just walk up stairs, or even just get up off couch to go to the refridgerator, i feel my heart beating unusually hard or fast. I have been to the E.R. for this multiple times. Heres what has been done there, and the findings.

- 4 ekg's, all normal
- 2 chest x rays normal
- 1 blood evaulation normal
- 1 ultrasound of heart - looked good

I know im not a hypocondraic, these symptoms just one day suddenly cam on and wont go away. i have a appointment with my regular docotr cheduled, and i hope toget a heart monitor to see if that can help find anytthing. Any knowledge or sugesstions, or thoughts would be great.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 17th, 2010
(online)
Chest Pain Answer A11321
Hi,

Welcome to the ehealthforum. I am glad to help you out. The symptoms can occur due to tachyarrhythmias (rhythm disturbances in which the heart beats very fast) The 24 hour EKG monitoring which you are undergoing should help you out. If that’s also normal, then I don’t think there’s much to worry. It’s really good to know that all your reports are absolutely normal and hopefully the 24 hr monitoring should also be normal. Please discuss with your physician regarding using a small dose of beta blockers as I feel that it should help you in taking care of the palpitations which you suffer frequently.

I sincerely hope this information helps. Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Chest Pain , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.