Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Abdominal Pain Forum

Ache in left lower abdomen

Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
User Profile
I keep having an ache in my left lower side of my abdomin and sometimes in my lower back area after I have done something like mowed the yard or pushed a shopping cart or taken a long walk with my dog. The ache feels similar to what I feel when I have passed kidney stones but nowhere near as painful. If I sitting or laying down, no pain at all. If the ache starts and I sit down it will go away after a bit. I have no issues with bowl movments or peeing as the pain does not occur then at all. Could this be a muscle issue?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 9th, 2010
Abdominal Pain Answer A11875
Thanks for using this forum..

The pain you describe is usually kidney stones or constipation or diverticulosis.But the relation that it improves with sitting is unusual as these pains are of continous or intermittent nature with nothing relieving them.A rare psoas pull or some inflammation may cause this kind of pain,Isuggest that you go for a sonograohy of abdomen and if negative,get some physician to examine you for psoas irritation..This should make a diagnosis.

take care...

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Abdominal Pain , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.