Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Chest Pain Forum

ache below left collarbone and in left chest area

Must Read
What is pneumonia? Learn basic facts about pneumonia here, plus how doctors define the different types of pneumonia that people can get....
Some people are more at risk of getting pneumonia than others. Are you one of them? Learn more about how you get pneumonia and who is at risk here....
Chest pain is typical during cases of pneumonia. But what other signs and symptoms should you look for? Know when to seek medical help by starting here....
User Profile
Hi, I am a 28yr old 5ft 10 white british male. I was diagnosed with ME oct 2008. I have that condition under control but at present I am suffering with different problems. I am getting pressure dull ache below my left collarbone and in my left chest area. I also have pain and numbness in my left bicep radiating down my arm into my ring finger on occasions. I am due to have a MRI on my head and back due to having an episode of loss of left arm and numb left jaw,leg. I ended up in hospital before xmas with bleeding fresh red blood from rectum which was investigating with clear results. I have also lost size in my belly area but same weight without meaning to. Anyhelp would be very grateful

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 22nd, 2014
Chest Pain Answer A35186
What is ME?
Dull ache under left clavicle and into left chest and pain and numbness in the left arm could all be due to a musculoskeletal problem, for example, with the cervical (neck) spine. The MRI should reveal any problems in that area. There is nothing in the history that suggest a heart origin for the pain.
I can't see any relation between this problem and the previous episode of rectal bleeding.

An easy-to-read book about the heart for lay persons. Available at major online book retailers and other fine bookstores.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Chest Pain , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.