Medical Questions > Cancer > Skin Cancer Forum

accidently cut off mole

Must Read
What is melanoma? This section give you a quick intro to this particular type of skin cancer, including the entire range of types of melanomas....
Doctors are pretty certain that ultraviolet radiation plays a role in the development of melanoma. Which other activities put you at risk of melanoma?...
What does melanoma look like? Learn to identify early signs and symptoms of melanoma with this full description of symptoms of melanoma here....
oops. i was kiinda playing with this little mole on my upper chestand my nail got caught and ripped part off. it started bleeding so i put a bandaid on. it scabbed over but if i get a scab (i have ocd) i have to pick it off. so now where the mole was it is flat. it looks like its not going to come back because it gets flatter and flatter everytime i pick the scab. will it grow back?

HELP!! Question
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 27th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Bleeding and becoming infected when accidentally cut or scratched, are common complications.
Persistent irritation poses risk for mole to turn into cancerous lesion.
Moles usually come back at their sites, and this happens even when the mole is removed at doctor's office, but, some cells deeper in skin are accidentally left.

It will be a good idea to stop with picking off the scab and visiting your dermatologist.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply