Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Poisoning and Environmental Health Forum

accidental glass ingestion

I was eating at a restaurant tonight and noticed that I was chewing something crunchy. When I went to inspect, I realized it was glass. I spit the food out and rinsed my mouth out. I am not sure whether or not I ingested any. Should I be worried? I feel like there is a pill stuck in my throat. It could be in my head. Would I feel any symptoms?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper stephaniedenise2
|

replied August 25th, 2008
What's happening is that the sugar in the marinade is scorching from the heat; it's pretty common. What I think you want is caramelization, where the sugar turns to a syrupy substance.

I would suggest that if you're going to use the marinade, that you grill your chops. OR steam the chops (cook over a medium-low heat with a lid on the pan and about 3 TBS of water added, and brown them during the last 5 minutes or so. Or you could cook your chops as you normally would, using the marinade as a brush-on rather than something that is on the meat the whole time.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply