Medical Questions > Relationships > Troubled and Abusive Relationships Forum

Abusive behavior?

I need opinions. My Boyfriend and I have been dating for a year and a half. I have two daughters and he has two sons. My seven year old has called his mother nana for the past year and a half, but Friday she told her that her name was not Nana, it was Janie, and told her she had to stop calling her Nana.

My question is, Do you think that was appropriate, and would it hurt your feeling/enrage you if someone treated your child that way?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 21st, 2010
Community Volunteer
Hi angeleyes232001,

Please have a calm and rational conservation with Janie as to why she has taken this position. You may not like her answer but if this is her request, you will have to explain to your child that someimes adults make choices that hurt our feelings, nevertheless, we have to accept them. Maybe your boyfriend told her he wants to end the relationship but hasn't gotten the courage to tell you so. Have a talk with him about this as well. I would have both the children to refer to her as Janie, unless you are legally, married, his mother would be Janie and and not Nana.

Good Luck,

Faded Rose
|
Did you find this post helpful?