Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Dental Health Forum

abscessed tooth while being pregnant could cause miscarriage??

Must Read
Bad breath can often be the first sign of a disease. But how do doctors define bad breath and what are the major causes of bad breath?...
Did you know that bad breath can be associated with sinus problems? Learn more about the common (and unfamiliar) causes of bad breath here....
Did you know that symptoms of bad breath depend upon medical cause? More here on major causes and related symptoms of bad breath...plus when to seek help....
about three weeks ago my back, top molar chipped off from the top of my gum to about half way down my tooth. it got abscessed about a week later but it went away on its own. now just a few days ago that same molar cracked at the bottom of my tooth all the way up to where my nerve is exposed. it started causing me pain but its not severe.. yet. i called around to try and find out what needed to be done and a oral surgeon told me that because im pregnant it could very easily kill my baby if it gets infected. my insurance wont cover my dental now because im over 21. and it will take me another week before i get paid. is this true that if it does get infected it can kill my unborn child?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 11th, 2011
when i was pregnant i had one of my wisdom teeth break, and went to a dentist. it had to be removed because he said that it could cause infection which if in the bloodstream could infect my unborn child. but kill the baby i'm unsure of.
|
Did you find this post helpful?