Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Cold, Flu and Viral Infections Forum

about 82 kids -Earache, fever, vomiting, what is the cause?

Must Read
The common cold is probably the most well known illness known to man. But did you know that it's a virus? Read to learn the basics about cold here....
How do you get a cold? And what causes the cold? Learn more about causes of the cold, and risk factors that you can avoid to prevent this illness....
You probably know many of the symptoms of a cold: sneezing, sore throat, a stuffy nose, and coughing. Do you know the difference between the flu vs. a cold?...
Many kids I have been going to school with left today (About 82 of them) complaing of an Earache, fever, then vomiting? At first I though earache, but how could it be possible there would be so many? Does anyone have any suggestions on what could be the cause?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 10th, 2012
Welcome to e health forum.

Most likely it is possible that the group of students might have been affected by a viral infection.

Most Viral infections are usually benign, ‎and subside within 7 to 10 days with conservative management. ‎

The pain in the ear could be due to inflammation, associated with infection and the enlarged lymph ‎nodes. Collection of fluid within the inner ear can also cause such symptoms. For the time being, you ‎can try to relieve them with anti-inflammatory medications ‎like advil or motrin.‎

In case they are not helping, you may need to consult your doctor for a examination to rule out ‎bacterial secondary infections and if needed treatment with antibiotics. ‎

I hope this helps.‎

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Cold, Flu and Viral Infections , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.