Medical Questions > Abortion > Medical Abortion Forum

abortion 5 weeks ago and im still bleeding?

Must Read
A D&C is a standard procedure. But it can be scary when you don't know what to expect. Learn about what happens during dilation and curettage to prepare yoursel...
Dilation and curettage, or D & C for short, is a procedure that is used to diagnose and treat a number of womens health conditions. What are some goals of a D a...
A D&C usually is free of problems, and the recovery period for the procedure is short. But knowing about possible complications can help you detect problems ea...
i had an abortion 5 weeks ago and im still bellding and got loads of blood clots coming out is that normal ?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 5th, 2012
From what I can tell from other posts, some people do bleed for much longer than what they tell you at the clinics. I'm still bleeding at 4 1/2 weeks. But, blood clots bigger than an orange are a bad sign. I had one that was about that size. It looks like you posted this 2 weeks ago. Are you still bleeding? I'm curious.
|

replied March 9th, 2012
bleeding after 2 weeks
Dear Healthnut

I had an abortion with 400mcg misoprostol pills inserted vaginally 13 days ago. I was 4-5 wks from day of conception. The bleeding started same day and its been there since then but light as my normal period, i use 1 pad from 7am to when i get home back from work around 5pm. But am worried coz am still bleeding slightly. The midwife who inserted the pills says its not normal and we should go for an uterine aspiration? Is it necessary? I have no abnormal pain and am taking antibiotics to avoid any infection. Please help!
|

replied March 14th, 2012
I'm not a doctor, but that seems pretty normal to me. The clinic told me I would bleed 2-4 weeks. It finally stopped about a day after I found this forum, which ended up being about 4 1/2 weeks after I took the pill. I even went to the emergency room around 3 weeks. It had lightened up to about what my normal period is. But then one day I filled about one pad every 2 or 3 hours. And I started passing kind of large clots (prune-sized). I freaked and went to the ER, but the doc said I was just still passing the leftovers. And everyone on this forum seems to have similar experiences. Pain and REALLY large clots appear to be the only real sign of trouble. But if you still feel wary, see a doctor. It can only help.
|

replied March 28th, 2012
I bled 3. Months and was still able to conceive twice-that was 06 , and I have been hospitilized numerou times from pain and it all started that day in 06. Never had any problems or cramps. They can't figure it out. And when your a young girl going to the hospital with pain. They think I want pain medicine.... but with no insurance you have to go to er...
|

replied March 28th, 2012
bleeding after pill
I bled for 3 months and was still able. To conceive 3x, everyone is different
|

replied March 28th, 2012
I bled for 3 months and was still able. To conceive 3x, everyone is different
|
Quick Reply