Medical Questions > Abortion > Abortion Pro Life Forum

Abortion pro life

*This is only my opinion take it for what it is. Also, please stop saying that I come here to disrespect your views. Rather, I come here to state mine (isn't the point of a forum).*

First of all in the very first post on this topic, it is stated that zygote/embryo/fetus (human) is alive. However, it is also stated that abortion is permissible beyond the point of birth complications that risk the life of the mother. Also it says that abortion is a way to end a pregnancy. Why would you end a pregnancy outside of the serious risk of the mother's life. Maybe because the child is deformed. Now I do realize that the child could die almost immediately after birth, during birth, or even be a miscarriage, but I have been told a personal story of birth complications, in which the child died in his parents arms only hours after being born. The person who shared this experience told me that it was an extremely painful moment in his and his spouse's life, but they knew that they made the right decision: not to abort the child. He said that it actually brought him closer to God because he was in so much pain that he had nowhere else to turn. He had done God's will, which will always eventually lead to happiness. Another reason I can think of for aborting a child who has birth defects is to create a race of only the biggest, strongest, and smartest humans (remind you of Hitler's dream for an aryan race), but we are all equal in the eyes of God, and all worthy of life. The last reason I can think of is for convenience, but this strikes me as unethical and unreasonable. I'll explain. For example, you are driving down the street in your car, and you realize a bird(a living thing, but small in the eyes of God when compared to a human; Matthew 6:26 "Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?")is in the middle of your lane. You realize that you are about to hit, and most likely kill the bird, so you slam on the brakes and swerve out of its way, simply because you know in your heart of hearts that it is the right thing to do, but, hey, wouldn't the convenient thing to do would have been to keep your speed the same as before you realized the bird was there, and just drive right through it. Convenient, but wrong, just like abortion.

Okay, there is my opinion, sorry if it's offensive, but I feel strongly about this topic.
Did you find this post helpful?
|