Medical Questions > Abortion > Medical Abortion Forum

abortion gone wrong

Must Read
A D&C is a standard procedure. But it can be scary when you don't know what to expect. Learn about what happens during dilation and curettage to prepare yoursel...
Dilation and curettage, or D & C for short, is a procedure that is used to diagnose and treat a number of womens health conditions. What are some goals of a D a...
A D&C usually is free of problems, and the recovery period for the procedure is short. But knowing about possible complications can help you detect problems ea...
About a month ago I under went a deep sedation abortion procedure. i was 6 weeks far along. after the whole process i woke up in the recovery room with excessive bleeding and excruciating pain. Almost a month later i am still bleeding heavy like a period, i went to the hospital and the doctors did a bunch of test on me including a sonogram to find out the baby was 10 weeks old with a heartbeat. is this possible?

the sonogram papers they gave me said;

6.2x3.4x3.0cm hypoechoic crescent shaped structure in the lower uterine segment,
surrounding the inferior portion of the gestational sac, measuring x6.2cm and c/w a peisac bleed.

cervix long with a trace amount of endocervical fluid.

now what does that mean??
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 29th, 2010
It means you had a botched procedure and you are still pregnant. I am not a doctor, but a hypoechoic structure means the tissue density in that area of your uterus is different than the surrounding tissue. I do not know if this means a mass or a tear. You need to talk to your doctor and your abortion physician ASAP.
|
Did you find this post helpful?