Medical Questions > Abortion > Medical Abortion Forum

Abortion failed? Or pregnant again :(

Must Read
A D&C is a standard procedure. But it can be scary when you don't know what to expect. Learn about what happens during dilation and curettage to prepare yoursel...
Dilation and curettage, or D & C for short, is a procedure that is used to diagnose and treat a number of womens health conditions. What are some goals of a D a...
A D&C usually is free of problems, and the recovery period for the procedure is short. But knowing about possible complications can help you detect problems ea...
Hi there everyone, first of all can I just say its taken me this long to find a forum, support and resource that is not funded or associated with a religion and its absolute relief. Secondly all the questions i am about to ask, I plan to ask next week at the doctor, but you know how it is sitting and wondering going over things......In Mid december 2011 I had a surgical abortion, i estimated myself to be approximately 6 weeks, however during the scan at the clinic they said it was much smaller (even though that didnt even add up to my dates) BUT, they did say since it was smaller than 6 weeks, there was a chance the procedure would not work properly. However everything seemed to go as it should, very mild cramping, and a brown discharge a few days later for around 2 weeks. I had my checkup at the doc, he just asked me questions and i got the all clear. a few weeks later I had a period, granted it was more painful, heavier and a little longer than normal but i presumed that was normal. My husband and I have been using condoms, as he plans to have a vasectomy next month (would have been earlier if we could afford it) but a few days ago i started thinking, gee its been a long time since my last period and then the penny dropped that I was having all those familiar symptoms of pregnancy, so of course i tested and it was positive. I tend to believe this is a new pregnancy, considering the "period" I had. considering if it were a failed abortion i would be roughly 14 weeks now, and surely i would notice? I have 4 children already, and I am really struggling with this, because firstly if this is a new pregnancy I feel 100% stupid stupid stupid, Im not sure I could do this again, ive really only just begun to recover emotionally from the last one, and nothing has changed in our circumstances. on the other hand if there is some chance its a failed abortion, theres 100% no way I could go back and do it again. Its all a little to much fate for me. I struggled to have my other children, really struggled, miscarriages, prolonged TTC, yet these two have come so easy to easy...arrghh anyway thankyou for allowing me to put it out there and tell someone else, its so hard to walk around with this secret on my back!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 15th, 2012
Im so sorry you are going through this. It sounds like you may have become pregnant again since you said you went back for a follow up. They most definitely would have known if it didnt completely work. Only you can make the decision of what to do however if it was a failed abortion you absolutely have to go back. The procedure and drugs they give during it would make it so the fetus would not be able to survive and you would have to do something to expel it from you. If not you are most definitely risking your health. If you can you should go your normal ob/gyn and tell them your arent sure what is going on. A simple ultrasound would be able to tell you how far along you are. good luck to you.
|

replied February 22nd, 2012
pregancy after abortion
I'm having similar thoughts. I had an abortion a month ago and everything went according to plan.. A month later and still no period.. Which is normal I read but what's scaring is the cramps that I had with pregnancy are back.. Should I be worried?
|

replied February 22nd, 2012
I'm having similar thoughts. I had an abortion a month ago and everything went according to plan.. A month later and still no period.. Which is normal I read but what's scaring is the cramps that I had with pregnancy are back.. Should I be worried?
|

replied April 4th, 2012
j83 did u ever find out what was wrong im having the same issue
|