Medical Questions > Abortion > Medical Abortion Forum

abortion at 16 weeks?

Must Read
A D&C is a standard procedure. But it can be scary when you don't know what to expect. Learn about what happens during dilation and curettage to prepare yoursel...
Dilation and curettage, or D & C for short, is a procedure that is used to diagnose and treat a number of womens health conditions. What are some goals of a D a...
A D&C usually is free of problems, and the recovery period for the procedure is short. But knowing about possible complications can help you detect problems ea...
I am getting a non-invasive blood paternity test done. However, it can only be done @ 14 weeks, and I won't get results until the 16th week. Would abortion totally be out of the question at this point? (if the test doesn't come out how i want?)
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 19th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
It depends on where you live. I'm not sure if there are still places that do second trimester abortions, but you will certainly have to look deeper. I hope everything goes well!
|

replied September 21st, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
It depends on where you live, but 16 weeks is not all that far along for an abortion.
|

replied September 21st, 2008
Re: abortion at 16 weeks?
HolisticGurl wrote:
I am getting a non-invasive blood paternity test done. However, it can only be done @ 14 weeks, and I won't get results until the 16th week. Would abortion totally be out of the question at this point? (if the test doesn't come out how i want?)

Hey HolisticGurl,

May I ask why you would abort if...I assume your partner...is not the father?
|

replied October 2nd, 2008
I believe at 16 weeks its a Dilation and Evacuation. 4 months is pretty far along but they do offer them in the 2 nd trimester. Some women get genetic testing done and find there is something wrong with the child and choose to abort.
Good luck to you
|

User Profile
replied December 14th, 2009
Experienced User
I'm sorry but that sounds terrible. Not only are you discriminating against the baby but your doing it at 16 weeks. Sorry but by this time the fetus starts looking alot like those fake pro-life pics. It has a face and a partially developed brain. That's like gender selection abortions.

Come on have a heart.
|

replied January 15th, 2010
Abortion time-limit
My country has a limit of providing abortions between 20 and 24 weeks.

It seems that the fetus before that 20 weeks still is not alive, more like a developing organ of the female body, not an entity yet...

After the 20-24 weeks zone it becomes tricky; brain connections start to form and bones are fully developed yet still are soft-like. The fetus is getting viable in this timezone which means that he/she's theoretically able to live outside the uterus which makes "it" pretty alive.

Actually, the youngest baby to be born and live was at 21 weeks, after 4 months in the hospital the baby finally went home with her parents.

So basically if you're doing an abortion before 20 weeks you're not killing anybody! However, this decision should not be taken lightly because you might be "killing" a (non-viable) fetus which is being developed in the uterus to become a real and perhaps beautiful person (or an Adolf Hitler) when actually being born, don't forget.

The countries where abortion is illegal are in my opinion short-sighted and stupid;
What if a woman was raped by some stupid jerk?
What if the fetus is developing deformed?
What if the "mother" only is 15 years old?
What if the pregnancy is taking so much that it actually is killing the mother? (which happens a lot)

In these examlpes, should they keep the baby?! No Way! That would be stupid, just because the church and some old guy in Rome say so...come on, have a heart!
|