Medical Questions > Womens Health > Womens Conditions Forum

abnormal hairy vagina? (Page 1)

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
Hi. Im sixteen years old and im not yet sexually active. My boyfriend and i were planning a romatic night for valentines day, and im a little worried his plans involve sex. Its not because im not ready.. we've been together for over 2 years now and we were just waiting for the right time. My parents havent believe me when ive told them im not sexually active so im on the birth control pill and i always have a condom in my purse. I am very self cautious of my body. and i to me i have an abnormally hairy vagina. the hair covers my entire vaginaa and my "bikini line" area all the way back to my anus. I try to shave the hair, i hate it so much. But its so hard to maintain and i get little pimpless like a rash. I dont know what to do to feel better about this dark coarse hair? any suggestions i would appreciate them SOO much! im sorry if this sounds rediculous Sad
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile DTXman
|

replied February 9th, 2009
Active User, very eHealthy
dramaqueen,

you have a normal hairy vagina.
this happens to alot of women. the hair grows back and makes rash like pimples appear because the hair is course and its gets a little itchy when the hair comes back because our clothes are rubbing against it.

one suggestion is to maybe wax the hair..although it will hurt like a mother! lol
it take longer for the hair to grow back.

you have nothing to worry about though.
|

replied March 28th, 2012
hairy vagina
i think my vagina is hairier than normal- when i wear a swimsuit or underwear (or even sometimes short shorts!) there is visible pubic hair. i've looked everywhere online for someone like me, but i just can't find anyone! am i abnormal?
|

replied May 24th, 2012
No. You might have a very mild case of hirsutism. It's very common (appearing in at least every 1-20 women) You might want to ask your doctor or see an endormatologist. Smile
|

replied December 25th, 2012
Hairy vagina :)
bubblyhearts - WHO you think you are to put your self on teachers place? Hairy vagina is VERY sexy and very NORMAL. Every woman must have HAIRY vagina. Its a sign that women is sexualy grow. Hairy vagina IS NOT a SICK! ITS NORMAL!
|

replied June 3rd, 2012
no
|

This post is being reviewed to be sure that it adheres to our Community Guidelines.
Thanks for your patience!

replied August 15th, 2012
Yes of course you are normal. You hairy vagina is beautiful and hair between your legs means you are a woman and you shouldnt be ashamed of that. I am a guy and I hate if when girls are hairless. A hairy vagina is sexy and the man or woman you are in a relationship should love everything about you. Hairy rules!
|

replied February 18th, 2013
Experienced User
You are not abnormal, my wife also has a hairy vagina, she does not bother the least bit about some excess pubic hair showing and and being visible over and around her bikini line, she has never shaved or trimmed her pubic hair ever and never will, don't worry about that, still wear little bikini's to the beach on holiday, some men think it is very sexy and natural.
|

replied September 1st, 2013
I agree Almorr and I one who truely think it's one of the most sexiest attractions on a women...You are so lucky!
|

replied April 8th, 2013
Experienced User
My wife had a above normal hairier vagina, when wearing a swimsuit or very short shorts or a bikini her long pubic hair could be easily seen seeping out at the top of her legs, she did not want to cut or trim any hair off as she thought that would be unnatural. You be like that as well. You are not the only person to be a little hairier than average, go around in bikinis and short pants, no harm in that and don't shave or trim any hair off.
|

Unfortunately there are men who do not like hairy women as it may appear unkept. However, there are men like me who understand thick thatch represents more testerone in a woman which could mean she have a high sex drive! Ask her to trim, but not cut to the skin. will be a compromise.
|

You may not believe it but there are plenty of men who prefer thier women enriched with hair down there...Its a beautiful site. However, this is for you and your man, therefore, to keep things respectful do not cut, but trim. This will keep things managable and lovely.
|

replied September 25th, 2013
Experienced User
Hi 'Quinch', its nice to know a guy that agrees with me. I just read a article this very morning about what women think of other women who do NOT shave the hair under their arms or "down there". Although the majority of women do shave their arm pit hair, in fact because "it is the done thing to do" if they had the choice of not doing that, they would just leave the hair natural and bushy, they shave their arm pit hair basically because all the other women do it. Very few of those women shave or trim their pubic hair off ever, that is good news to us men, however , the month of August (2013) was a month that many of those women did not shave their arm pit hair, this was to donate money to some charity to help hairy women with some problems of being over hairy, some of the braver women decided not to shave after the month was over and are thinking of disposing of their razor blades, I wish them all the best. The only razor blades in my house are for me, as my wife has never shaved, waxed or trimmed any hair off her arms or "down there" ever in her life.
|

replied September 25th, 2013
Experienced User
Its just a phase you are going through, most men like a women with a natural hairy vagina, my advice to you is just leave the hair to grow naturally, to many men, pubic hair seeping under a swimsuit or underwear is very sexy, don't shave or trim it ever, a hairy vagina separates the women from the girls, it it a grownup thing.
|

replied December 25th, 2012
Proudmomy - WHY should be waxing or shaving vagina? Hairy vagina is SiGN of healthness and that women is sexualy grow. EVERY women should be PROUD to have hairy vagina. Some worlds stupid "stylish" trends from fashions world "TEACH" a young women that is shame to have HAIRY vagina. NO, just OPOSITE - its shame to have bald vagina.
|

replied February 11th, 2009
thanks!
i would certainly give the waxing thing a try.. but theres no where in this little town to get something like that done!
by shaving, am i making more hair grow back?
and do all females have a hairy vagina? or do i just have crappy luck Sad
|

User Profile
replied September 1st, 2011
DON'T DO IT!!!
You don't have crappy luck dramaqueen. You just need to find a man that likes the hair down there. Personally, I love an all natural look on a woman. To me, the vagina looks fuller which is sexy to me. If it's something you dont wanna do, then don't. There are plenty men that like it better that way but afraid to admit it because society says it should be shaved.. That's just my two cents Smile
|

replied April 8th, 2013
Experienced User
You ask if all females have a hairy vagina, the answer is yes, like men who have hairy chests, some are hairier than others, no man or woman should shave or trim off their pubic hair, that is completely unnatural.
|

replied April 11th, 2009
no trust me everyone has hair down there!!

1- i have tried waxing it is AWESOME! hurts a lot but it is sooo worth it and its a bit expensive! but looks/feels great! =) do NOT try to do it ur self btw does not work out very well!!

2- shaving is fine honestly try to exfoliate more down there and make sure the hair is soft before u shave it.. use a shaving cream or conditioner .... takes a lot of practice though to get the right shave down there also

3- you could try a hair removal cream not expensive and works well on ur bikini area ifu want =)

u dont have crappy luck we all have the same thing.... u dont really make 'more' hair grow back its just that it is more coarse over time ..again just like everyone else

good luck =) even though its a bit late
|

replied April 11th, 2009
hah...this is also helping me.
|

replied April 12th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
oooo man...warning on the waxing..DO NOT DO NOT try to do it yourself especially if its the first time you've waxed...i attempted this at home and it was the absolute WORST experience ever!!! if you don't like the shaving as someone else mentioned I would go with the hair removal cream...never ever again will i wax anything but my eyebrows
|

replied June 14th, 2009
Some Men Just Love Hairy Vaginas on their Wives and Girlfriends
There are so many men who just love very hairy vaginas,
if I were you just stay hairy down there and in the future when you ask him about the prize you have for him
see how he reacts,if its positive then you will have nothing to worry about,if its negative,dump him and find a guy who will love you just the way you are,
Gorgeous and Hairy. There are so many,so many,so many men who just love their women extremely hairy down there.
|

Experienced User
Could not agree with you more 'luvherhairy' I consider my self so lucky to have married a very pretty girl who admitted to me that she had never shaved or trimmed her arm pit or pubic hair ever in her life, I agree with that last sentence of yours.
|

User Profile
replied August 23rd, 2009
Hairy Vagina
OMG, i have tried everything from saving and waxing and Cream
its just dosnt seem to work at all for me,
im so ashamed of my Hairy Vagina that it makes me sick
i cant were a sexy bikini without hair coming out of the Bikini line Sad,
|

Experienced User
Please 'ashhh69' don't be ashamed of yourself, there are loads of women including my wife who do not mind having a hairy vagina, most ladies do, if you don't like the hair showing around your sexy bikini, all you need to do is to trim that hair, not shave the lot off, accept who and what you are, having a hairy vagina is perfectly normal for women.
|

User Profile
Shaving *
|

Experienced User
I am a hairy vagina's lover! Let the hair grow; just keep it clean down there, because nothing better to me than dinning in a hairy paradise!
|

User Profile
replied August 24th, 2009
I have tried all of that,now i just leave it alone too hairy well believe me if the man loves you he wont care how much hair you have
|
Users who thank SalenaBrianna for this post: bighairypielicker 

replied December 16th, 2011
Yup me lov the girl who have hairy vagina...itz make horny lov it..
|

replied August 31st, 2009
I don't understand what's the problem with having pubic hair... every single human being does! This shaved vagina fad has only been going for 10 years or so... To be honest whenever I see a fully shaved vagina I feel like I'm having sex with an 8-year old!
|

Experienced User
It all started with the fashion industry 'noproblem'. Up to 1990 hardly any women shaved or trimmed their pubic hair, although most shaved under their arms. For some reason or another, since 1990 some women now shave their pubic hair as well as arms. There is a generation thing here, Very few women over the age of 40 shave or trim their pubic hair, under 30 might do it to be fashionable, but I don't think men like women completely shaved 'down there' as you say it is like having sex with a under age child, against the law to begin with, better to have sex with a 'real women' one like my wife who has never shaved or trimmed any hair off herself in her life.
|

User Profile
replied September 3rd, 2009
ur better of trimming it with a hair trimmer, then when its down to a managable size, get a brazilian wax.
i dont know what women call their "full" wax, but we men often have a "back, sack, and crack wax. its great.
|

replied September 25th, 2009
is it natural to have a hairy vagina?
holy moly this helped me alot! cuz i have the same exact problem! i swear i have the hairiest vag! im so ashamed and i feel un confident. It covers my whole entire DOWN THERE! its crazy! i tried shaving it and it itched SOOOO MUCH!!! i've never waxed or any of that. my mom so wouldnt approve. she'd think i wanted to have sex and fix it all up fur the guy but i truly jus wanna have a nice looking down there. my hairs about like an inch long, ew. i hate it
|

Experienced User
Hi "Sunsetflower" what's the problem about having 1" long hair around your vagina, my wives pubic hair is 4" long, never been cut or even trimmed, it is the least of her problems, you just accept that you have a natural very hairy vagina, be a 'real women' and please love your vagina, not hate it, it is NOT a problem, don't bother shaving it ever again or don't think about waxing either, your mom probably would not bother about how hairy you are 'down there' for that matter.
|

replied November 24th, 2009
you people are sick!!!! mother nature put the hair down their for a reason. It actually has a purpose and it can be very dangerous to shave it off. Everyone has hair down there and if your man has a problem with that there not even worth it. Also if your worried about it "showing" you shouldnt be wearing clothes that show anywhere near there WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE!!
|

User Profile
replied February 10th, 2012
what's wrong with "you"??? who gets so upset over such a topic??
also, "shouldn't be wearing clothing that shows anywhere near there"???? Bathing suit????
RELAX!!!!
I know I'm years late with this comment. Still needs to be said.
|

replied December 1st, 2009
Let it grow. I'm a man and nothing is better than a hairy vagina. The hairier the better. Any single hairy ladies out there?
|

Experienced User
You are so correct 'Cravenit' the hairier the better, love when a women has a full unshaved, untrimmed vagina, so natural, a 'real woman' not a little girl, O by the way I like little girls in the nicest possible way, I have 2 little girl grandchildren, but I don't like a grown up woman looking like that.
|

replied December 1st, 2009
Experienced User
I second the motion
|

replied December 13th, 2009
I'd like to make a correction to the post from noproblem on august 31 2009. In fact woman have been shaving done there even before the age of Christ.
With that said, there is no known purpose of hair down there. It is speculated that pubic hair is to lessen friction during intercourse. I do agree though that woman having a shave or heavily trimmed vagina does turn me off. If I want a little girl I'll becom a child molester. I want a woman who is real then iI want them to leave the hair. But it is personal preference over all to whether men like it or not. Yes in some incident it is a health reason to why some woman shave it. If a man really cares about a woman he wont care that you have hair there. Just the same if a woman really cares about a man she wont care that he has it as well. All this shaving is a bunch of hogwash. I have questioned many women about whether they shave or not and the ones 90 percent of them who do shave have been on drugs and only looking for sex. No offense. the other percent do it to feel younger. Sex is not a key in a relationship and too much these days is placed on sex.
|

replied December 13th, 2009
Sunsetflower
replied on September 25th, 2009
New User

If having so much hair there is bad for you give it enough of a trim to shorten the length of it. Too many young girls have been lead to believe that it is unnatural for hair around thier vaginas and that a man rather it not be there. That is not at all true. The men who want it shaved are only looking for sex and care nothing about the woman.
Pubic hain in the days before Christ was beliave to be evil. If god of any religion thought it to be evil they never would have placed it there.
Personally I am also one who sees nothing wrong with it there like so many others have said here. It has become a life long fad to shave it off and you were given it for a reason.
I have been with many woman of various ages who have hair there but trim only the length of it and the outer bikini line. Hair is on the body for a reason. leave it there. Just as facial,arms and armpits and legs. Society has become rediculously obcessed with sex and the shaving of female and male genitalia.
|

replied January 9th, 2010
Pro-choice
Asking a woman to contact you because she has a hairy vagina doesn't sound much to me like you care more about the woman than the sex and thus displaying the same traits on the opposite end of the spectrum that you find so distasteful about men who'd prefer a hairless vagina.

And honestly, who said women want to shave because they want to impress a man? I'm not sexually active and would prefer to keep my hair situation in line because I find an overgrowth of hair to be disgusting; not for anyone's opinions but my own. I couldn't care less if a man preferred my vagina hairy or not. It's for me and me alone.
|