Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Gallbladder Disease Forum

Abdominal and pelvic pain mixed with Gallstones

Must Read
Are you suffering from gallbladder pain? We describe the location and function of the gallbladder to target possible problems....
When do you need to see a doctor about possible gallbladder problems? Learn to distinguish signs and symptoms of gallbladder disease to take action before it's...
Gallstones are the most frequent cause of an inflamed gallbladder. Know the common symptoms of gallstones or gallstone attack....
Has anyone or is anyone dealing with pelvic pain...The only thing that was found was a polyp (removed) and that I have gallstones. I now have pelvic pain, and pain underneath my rib cage. No nausea, but feel feverish every morning. I also have cramps on my right side as if I just went for a run. My GI is not sure what the pelvic pain is about. Gave me pills for IBM disorder, which I'm pretty sure that isn't it. The pain is basically moving all around and now the CT Scan is 3 weeks old. Has anyone gone through this? I'm beginning to feel the GI thinks I am nuts.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 3rd, 2012
Welcome to e health forum.

In the absence of the findings of the CT scan, and since you have mentioned that gallstones have been detected, then the most likely cause of your symptoms can be due to gallstone induced cholecystitis, and this could be irritating the peritoneal cavity, and hence the pain you experience. In such a situation, you may need a surgery to remove the gallbladder.

In case, you have severe symptoms ‎like fever, loss of weight and appetite, ‎bloody stools, etc. you might be having conditions like - ‎‎inflammatory bowel disease, malabsorption syndromes, lactose intolerance, parasitic infestations, etc.‎ ‎

In the absence of such symptoms, it is likely that you may be having Irritable bowel ‎syndrome IBS, which is a chronic functional disorder ‎characterized by cramping abdominal ‎pain or discomfort with alterations in ‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎bowel habits (bloating, constipation, and diarrhea).‎

IBS does not cause ‎any permanent damage or ‎‎any serious illness but the symptoms cause severe discomfort & distress ‎affecting an ‎‎‎‎‎‎‎individuals work, ability to travel and attend social ‎‎events.‎

Most symptoms of IBS can be controlled with diet, stress management, and prescribed medications ‎‎(laxatives, antidiarrheals, ‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎antispasmodics, or antidepressants). ‎

The best way ahead, is to consult with your Gastroenterologist and seek a proper counselling and a proper diagnosis and hence a specific treatment.

|

replied May 2nd, 2012
I was having the same exact things happening. Went to the ER and had my gallbladder out April 4. I am still having pain and abnormal periods since surgery. I am awaiting thyroid results. My surgeon said it is common to have irregular periods after gallbladder removal. But I am still having right side pain. I am sure I am still in the healing process. But I am very impatient. I just feel like my hormones are really going crazy.
|
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Gallbladder Disease , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.