Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Abdominal Pain Forum

Abdomen and chest pain

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
User Profile
I am new hear and have a couple of questions. Anyone have this happen to them? I have been taking norco 7.5/325 for a couple years. I take 2.5 pills at night time before I go to bed. I never take more then this. I have had my liver checked through blood work and it always comes out fine. I had an ultra sound for my liver kidneys pancreas and spleen and they said that was fine. But why do I have pain in the right upper quadrant and left upper quadrant of my abdomen with some chest pain around 4th and 5th rib mid clavicular line ( chest pain is a sharp kind of pain that is their at rest but does not increase upon exehertion)and pain in my right flank and sometimes left flank especially a couple 3 hours after I take it and the next day? This continues on and off. It is a very dull pain, not severe. Also I notice reddening on my neck and down into my chest almost like someone who has pancreatitis, some days not as bad as others? Any help would be appreciate

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied March 26th, 2009
Abdominal Pain Answer A6148

The pain you experience might be originating from chronic gastric inflammation and lower esophageal inflammation. The acid reflux might have caused it. One of the causes for gastric reflux is hiatal hernia. If this is the case, then the stomach might partially push into the thoracic cavity, thus putting some pressure on the heart and causing the chest pain. The upper left and right abdominal pain might be caused by the chronic inflammation of the stomach itself. The upper barium X-ray is good enough for ulcers, but gastroscopy is preffered in this case.

Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Abdominal Pain , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.