Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Skin Forum

a white spot on the head of my penis become big.

Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
User Profile
I am a 30 year old male from the Qatar and I currently spotted a white spot on the head of my penis. It is not raised and does not burn, itch, or anything else.
I have never noticed the spot before but before one month it was very small, but now it become big a while. At this point the spot is purely cosmetic as it is not raised and does not have any sensation in any way.
I am curious if this is a scar or something much more serious I should be worried about.

Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile
|

User Profile
replied August 14th, 2012
Yeast Infection Answer A37992
Hi,
Welcome to the ehealthforum and I am really glad to help you out. The lesions which you have described seem to be pearly penile papules. These are multiple, small (about 1-3mm) papules running around the circumference of the crown of the glans penis. They typically develop in men aged 20 to 40, and around 10 per cent of all men are affected. They may be mistaken for warts, are not infectious and require no treatment. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Skin , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.