Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Digestive and Bowel Disorders Forum

a very sweet smelling stool ?

Must Read
Feeling constipated? Do you know how constipation is medically defined? Get the basics on this common gastrointestinal complaint here....
Are you experiencing severe or chronic constipation? Learn about causes of constipation here....
Constipation is defined differently by different people. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of constipation and know when to ask for medical help....
User Profile
I have noticed in the past that when I drink more than 2 servings of alcohol, I get a very sweet dark stool in the morning. This morning I had a very sweet smelling stool light in color and have not had any alcohol in over 2 weeks. I ate a normal meal last night (soup and tuna sand). What could be a cause of this and should I seek help soon? I have never had this issue before. I have fibromyalgia and have so many other health concerns, could it be related to my fibro?

Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile
|

User Profile
replied January 17th, 2012
(online)
Digestive and Bowel Disorders Answer A30516
Hello and welcome to e health forum.

Most likely you seem to be anxious about a trivial issue, which has no consequence.

The changes in stool are unrelated to the alcohol intake or to that of fibromyalgia.

Signs like weight loss, abdominal pain, nausea vomiting, diarrhea, foul smelling stools, or smelly gas are signs that can indicate conditions like malabsorption syndromes, infections, etc.

In case of doubt, or persisting anxiety, you may consult with your doctor, who can examine you, do a stool analysis and diagnose the underlying condition.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Tags: fibromyalgia
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Digestive and Bowel Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.