Medical Questions > Cancer > Bone Cancer Forum

a roundish lump on the top outside of my foot?

User Profile
I am a 25 year old Female and I have a roundish lump on the top outside of my right foot. I just noticed it a couple of days ago. It's pretty firm and does not hurt at all and is about 2-3cm in diameter at it's widest point, and is raised about 1-2cm. I have had several close-relation family members who have passed away from cancer and my birth mother is currently waiting for results on a biopsy of a lump in her breast and lymph node. Should I make an appointment ASAP for a doctor or keep an eye on it for a bit first to see if anything changes?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 25th, 2012
Bone Cancer Answer A36415
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum,
Since there is history of cancer in family, you should consider visiting your doctor/gynecologist for thorough examination and evaluation to see if the lump on foot that you describe is cancerous or benign. Tumor marker tests done would also help to predict your chances of developing cancer. Be in regular monitoring and follow-up with your treating doctor/gynecologist and report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately. Drink plenty of water. Take adequate rest. Maintain healthy diet and lifestyle.
Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Bone Cancer , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.