Medical Questions > Debate Forums > Abortion Debate Forum

A quote that ends this debate [PLEASE READ] (Page 1)

"I've noticed that everyone that is pro-abortion has already been born."
- Ronald Reagan.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper larson12
|

replied October 12th, 2008
Experienced User
And your point is.........?

That quote is not gonna end the abortion debate by a long shot.
|

Extremely eHealthy
RebelCats wrote:
And your point is.........?

That quote is not gonna end the abortion debate by a long shot.

Unfortunately, as I recall, the shot wasn't quite accurate enough!
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
Re: A quote that ends this debate [PLEASE READ]
larson12 wrote:
- Ronald Reagan.

Do you honestly believe pro-choicers haven't realized they're alive? Confused
|

Point is, if your mom aborted you, you wouldn't be here. There are beating hearts inside these babies that you are allowing others to stop.

And for the argument of you aren't aborting babies, if you aren't aborting a baby, you aren't pregnant, so what are you aborting? You are aborting a baby, a little laughing, giggling, drooling living being, which is what I call a murder.
|
Users who thank larson12 for this post: U_R_loved  Brandonavan  Sonny728 

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
Show me an embryo that giggles. Or a fetus. Better yet, show me a born-at-full-term newborn that giggles. Just one. Go ahead.

By the way, pro-choice does not equal pro-abortion. I'm sure you won't appreciate the difference, but I'll explain it to you anyway. Pro-choice embraces all three pregnancy options: keeping the child and raising it, giving it up for adoption, or aborting the pregnancy. Two of those options are also embraced by pro-life. The only disagreement is abortion, which is why pro-choice is painted as pro-abortion. It's an unclear picture.

Pro-choice believes that the woman has the right to choose which pregnancy option is best for her. If that means pregnancy, good for her (but you'll never hear us called pro-pregnancy). If that means adoption, hurray (I've never once been called a pro-adoptionist). And if that means abortion, that's her decision.

That's right - HER DECISION. If she wants to end her pregnancy, that's entirely her decision. A pregnancy changes your body - physical changes that are PERMANENT. Your body will actually break itself down to ensure that the unborn child is nourished. Some women experience extreme sickness, dangerous complications, are restricted as far as medications they are allowed to take and activities they can perform, and end up either in painful childbirth or undergoing invasive abdominal surgery.

As a mother who has gone through a complete pregnancy and birth and am experiencing a second pregnancy, I would never push pregnancy and childbirth on a woman who wasn't fully prepared to handle it. Even for willing mothers pregnancy can be challenging - for an unwilling mother, it can be torturous. It's not something you can lightly thrust upon someone else to "handle" as a punishment for daring to open their legs.

The majority of abortions are performed in the first trimester, before the 12th week. Most abortions are performed before the unborn child is able to feel pain or survive outside of the womb. Abortions performed after this point are almost always performed for medical reasons. The unborn child does not suffer. But before abortion was legal, women WERE suffering. They were throwing themselves down staircases, pushing knitting needles into themselves, hiring back-alley "doctors" who used dirty equipment and left them with deadly infections, and overdosed on dangerous medications. All to achieve what is now legally obtained in a sanitary medical environment by trained professionals. Making abortion illegal does not stop abortion or save babies - it kills mothers. If you need proof of that, please look at our Medical Abortion forum. The majority of the questions there are from women who are from countries where abortion is outlawed.
|
Users who thank AyaMiyaki for this post: Lilly Ivy  motherofhighspiritedones  aochriss  hershey011  hershey011 

replied March 20th, 2012
Do you have any idea how many would-be mothers have deeply regretted having an abortion after they had it? (Some to the point of suicide!) And by the way, Reagan and I agree that abortions should be legal, if they are done to save the mother's life. So Reagan's doctrine would not ``Kill mothers.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Oh, Ronnie said that, well, I guess it's just over now.
Rolling Eyes
Here's a quote from me: "I noticed that everyone who supported Reagan's policies were already white and rich." He systemically tore down all the social welfare advancements made for the underpriviledged, which would most certainly include all the "giggling" zygotes mothers did not want due to their social and or economic positions.

So thank Reagan for the backtrack of which we are still working to overcome.
|
Users who thank Birch for this post: aochriss 

replied October 13th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
This quote comes froma third-rate actor, who also said most pollution comes from trees.

And it talks about being "pro-abortion". What does that mean?

And it is being quoted by someone who doesn't have a clue about what is actually being aborted.

Yup, I think this pretty well ends the debate!
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Re: A quote that ends this debate [PLEASE READ]
larson12 wrote:
- Ronald Reagan.

there is a difference between pro-choice and pro-abortion!!

I have a potential to become a dr, can I wake up and become a dr tommorrow?

If I diet today will I become skinny tommorrow?

Whne you say a potential baby, that is exactly what it is, you didnt become an adult just because your mother had you but because you chose to!
|

Extremely eHealthy
It's also fair to say than everyone who has an opinion about anything has already been born.

On the other hand, there are a lot of people who have been born BECAUSE someone else was aborted. Many women who had abortions as teenagers or for other reasons, then go on to have children -- children who quite likely would never have been born otherwise, because their mothers' lives would have been so different.
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
I'm still curious about these laughing, giggling embryos. glance
|
Users who thank AyaMiyaki for this post: diamondsz 

Active User, very eHealthy
larson12 wrote:
"I've noticed that everyone that is pro-abortion has already been born." - Ronald Reagan.

I've noticed that everyone who is anti-choice has already been born. I don't see any anti-choice embryos or fetuses.

Quote:
Point is, if your mom aborted you, you wouldn't be here.

And if she had had oral sex instead of intercourse, I wouldn't be here. Your point?

Quote:
There are beating hearts inside these babies that you are allowing others to stop.

There was a beating heart inside that cow in your freezer.

Quote:
And for the argument of you aren't aborting babies, if you aren't aborting a baby, you aren't pregnant, so what are you aborting? You are aborting a baby, a little laughing, giggling, drooling living being, which is what I call a homicide.

Homicide only applies to the born. I quote the Criminal Code of my country (Canada):

Criminal Code
PART VIII: OFFENCES AGAINST THE PERSON AND REPUTATION
Homicide
When child becomes human being
223. (1) A child becomes a human being within the meaning of this Act when it has completely proceeded, in a living state, from the body of its mother, whether or not

(a) it has breathed;

(b) it has an independent circulation; or

(c) the navel string is severed.

Killing child
(2) A person commits homicide when he causes injury to a child before or during its birth as a result of which the child dies after becoming a human being.

------

So, as you can see, abortion is not homicide. BTW, not all homicide is a crime.

Show me an embryo/fetus/unborn child that laughs, giggles and drools.
|
Users who thank msrosie for this post: diamondsz  aochriss  hershey011  hershey011  Moo 

User Profile
Experienced User
AyaMiyaki wrote:
I'm still curious about these laughing, giggling embryos.

Probably just caused from a bad case of gas Wink
|

replied October 14th, 2008
"And if she had had oral sex instead of intercourse, I wouldn't be here. Your point?"

Well, abortion involves DEATH of an unborn human. You would have DIED if your mother aborted you. If your mother didn't actually have sex, you would not even have ever existed in the first place.
|

User Profile
Experienced User
NeutralUsername wrote:
abortion involves DEATH of an unborn human.

Correction. Abortion involves death of a POTENTIAL human. Big difference. Since the ZEF is part of the woman's body only SHE gets to decide how to proceed with it. You don't get a vote.
|

NeutralUsername wrote:
"And if she had had oral sex instead of intercourse, I wouldn't be here. Your point?"

Well, abortion involves DEATH of an unborn human. You would have DIED if your mother aborted you. If your mother didn't actually have sex, you would not even have ever existed in the first place.

And I would have never known the difference.
|

User Profile
Experienced User
NeutralUsername wrote:
If your mother didn't actually have sex, you would not even have ever existed in the first place.

thisjustin

Hey NeutralUsername, they have this great new thing. It's called In vitro fertilisation Wink
|

Milan wrote:
NeutralUsername wrote:
abortion involves DEATH of an unborn human.

Correction. Abortion involves death of a POTENTIAL human. Big difference. Since the ZEF is part of the woman's body only SHE gets to decide how to proceed with it. You don't get a vote.

Potential? Tell me, exactly when did you get your DNA, body, heart, etc? At birth? Weird if that's the case.
|

msrosie wrote:
NeutralUsername wrote:

And I would have never known the difference.

You know if I had died as an infant, I wouldn't have known the difference either.
|

Milan wrote:
NeutralUsername wrote:
If your mother didn't actually have sex, you would not even have ever existed in the first place.

thisjustin

Hey NeutralUsername, they have this great new thing. It's called In vitro fertilisation Wink

If her mother didn't have in vitro ferilization or have sex or get pregnant in any way, no human would have come to be. No conception would have taken place. Abortion KILLS whatever human was created at conception.
|
Quick Reply