Medical Questions > Relationships > Single and Struggling Forum

A much older guy likes me and it creeps me out

User Profile
i'm 17, his my martial arts coach, 29 and unmarried. I began to suspect him when my teammates were indirectly teasing us. We chatted on facebook, then I started seeing these SIGNS, asking if you have a boyfiend, saying he misses you already, texting you, and he even brought the subject that AGE doesn't MATTER in a relationship thing, and I knew something was really up. I think of him as a nice guy and he never showed me any form of malicious intentions before. He called me sexy before but that's just a compliment I guess

I thought it was kind of flattering at first but it just got weird...
Anyway, is he a pedophile?

Should I just change my school and avoid him or just simply confront and reject him?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 18th, 2010
Community Volunteer
Hi rioriu...He just may be taking the teasing that the two of you have been getting as an acceptance of his advances...Kind of putting himself on the same level as his students...This is unfortunate as it puts you in a very uncomfortable situation...There is no way that this is acceptable...Straighten him out...Be firm....He should not be calling you sexy...He is a teacher and you are his student...I wouldn't say that he is a pedophile, but that he looks at you as a young woman who he possibly cares for more than he should...He forgets your age...He, IMO, has possibly crossed the line that the school system sets as a boundary...

If this continues I would talk to your parents/or school about this...Make yourself scarce when he is around...Stop kidding around....Maybe he will take the hint...Take care...

Caroline
|

replied November 12th, 2010
Hi. Not sure which country you are in, but in Britain it's legal for a man to have a sexual relationship with a woman if they are over 16, so the fact he is interested in you doesn't make him a pedo in the eyes of the law at least. Having said that, if you are creeped out by him, then I would trust your instincts. You are only just above the 16 threshold and I do wonder why a someone 12 years older is not chasing women his own age instead. Probably becuase they are not interested in him! And then having said that, when you get into your 30s, 40s etc, a 12 year gap is seen as less of a problem. Best thing to do if you don't like it; ignore his attentions, be aloof, polite but not friendly and just keep the relationship strictly teacher/pupil. Good Luck.
|

replied November 19th, 2010
Yeah If you live in the U.K it is completely acceptable to have relationship with someone older If you are over 16, if not then that is wrong especially If he's aware of how old you are. If you like it then ease into it, if not then make sure he gets the message that you are not interested.
|

replied December 3rd, 2010
17 is a very young age. if you feel uncomfortable, than is wrong.
try talking to him less and don't respond if he's touching a topic your're not sure it's ok. just cool the utmosphere untill he gets the point, if he doesn't try talking to school council before your parents.
|
Quick Reply