Medical Questions > Mental Health > Mental Conditions Forum

a momentary lapse of (clarity) I became totally disoriented

Must Read
Stress is a natural response to life. But when does stress begin to cause health problems? Basics on stress and the stress response here....
What are the most common signs of stress? To learn which symptoms of acute, episodic and chronic stress can develop into more serious problems, start here....
Stress can trigger chronic illness. Learn how doctors test for stress and what to expect during an office visit in this section on how to diagnose stress....
I had a momentary lapse of (clarity) I became totally disoriented, unable to interpret my world, as if it was a picture I had never seen before, I became anxious because I did not understand it, and felt I knew nothing... as quickly as the feeling came on it was again gone,

I do not drink, use illegal drugs, smoke, I am a whole food person, not eating processed, the only medication I am on is Zoloft, and I have been on that for a while...
am I going crazy?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 23rd, 2011
hmmm sounds nothing serious, maybe try to get extra sleep, dehydration sometimes causes this? drink plenty of fluids
|

User Profile
replied June 23rd, 2011
Extremely eHealthy
But if this happens again, even a more minor episode, you need to see your doctor as soon as possible. This could be a side-effect of the medication or it could be something else more serious. If you doctor can't figure it out, ask for a referral to a neurologist.
|
Quick Reply