Medical Questions > Cancer > Cancers Forum

a lump on my right side of my neck, dizzy, headaches...

Must Read
Millions of Americans are diagnosed with cancer. But what exactly is cancer and how does it affect the body?...
What puts you at risk for developing cancer? Learn how you can avoid or reduce exposure to risk factors for cancer here....
Cancer can occur anywhere in the body. But what are the signs and symptoms of cancer? Learn about general symptoms of cancer here....
User Profile
I have had a lump on my right side of my neck and it does bother me and at times I feel like I have something in the back of my throat like you do when you have a lot of mucas when you have a cold should I be concerned? At times I do feel dizzy and get headaches as well.. But I am 31 and my wisdom teeth are coming in as well so I've put it all off to that

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 1st, 2012
Cancers Answer A38312
Welcome to e health forum.

Your symptoms appear to be due to common cold related viral infection induced sore throat. They do not appear to be due to cancers.

Usually once a infection subsides the residual inflammation of the airway causes persistent soreness of the throat, which lasts until the healing is completed. This complete healing may take as long as 4-6 weeks in some cases.

Instead of worrying about it, you can relax and relieve your stress. The more you are stressed, the more your symptoms will increase. Supportive therapy with NSAIDs (Advil), steam inhalation, cough lozenges, and adequate rest and good fluid intake will also be helpful in quicker recovery.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Cancers , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.