Medical Questions > Cancer > Colon Cancer Forum

A lump in the anus

Must Read
Colorectal cancer is serious and life-threatening. This section outline types of colorectal cancers, causes and risk factors for development. Get the facts here...
Although most colon cancers begin slowly, there are some people who are more at risk of developing colorectal cancer than others. But who? And why?...
As symptoms of colorectal cancer appear, they typically vary upon location and size. Learn to identify signs and symptoms early. Know when to seek help....
User Profile
Hello, I am worried about a white lump in my anus/ anal opening. It does not bleed. However io know that it is there and makes itself felt especially when I am exercising. I am somewhat worried as I had felt an earlier lump, however smaller and a general surgeon has mentioned that he needs to examine and cut what he suspects is a polyp.. The Polyp is not the whitre lump that i have noticed earlier in the week.

many Thanks

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 26th, 2008
Colon Cancer Answer A4980
Current medical status: I have a white lump inmy anus. No bleeding. But with some uncomforatability.
Current medical treatment: No treatment being done right now.

The size of the lump was not given. A polyp in that area is usually not bigger than 2 cm. Every polyp is attached on the surface with part that is narrower than the diameter of the polyp itself. A physical examination and, eventually, a biopsy performed by proctologist would help in determining if the lump is formed of tumor tissue.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Colon Cancer , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.