Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Liver Disorders, Hepatitis A,B,C Forum

A Liver problem (Alcohol)

Must Read
Hepatitis can lead to serious liver damage. We cover basics about liver anatomy and define hepatitis here. Plus info on the different types of hepatitis....
What are the major causes of Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B and Hepatitis C? Start here to learn what puts you at risk so that you can avoid the serious liver disease...
A list of the symptoms of each type of Hepatitis here. Plus, when you should seek medical attention for Hep signs and symptoms....
Hi,

I am 27 years old guy. I had a habit of drinking alcohol daily.
I quit drinking 15 months back without any medical treatment or anything.
i just decided to do it and quit it. Now it's 16th month when i have never consumed alcohol within these 15 months.

But before i quit it, i suffered from a big problem.
Now here i tell you the amount i used to drink those days:
360 ml a day - whiskey daily
I used to drink 90 ml of alcohol in one shot i.e. top to bottom in less water. i used to take 4 shots of 90 ml alcohol in around 3-4 hours.
One day when i didn't eat anything and went on drinking alcohol, after some time i felt weakness and i went to sleep.
when i got up there was a pain in my stomach. I drank a glass of water but it came back and i vomited it. i was not able to eat or drink anything.
The feeling in my chest was like there was something kept in my chest like a stone. I noticed that there was a swelling between my chest and stomach (i think it is liver)
Next day i felt a little bit better than previous day.

Still i have a swelling in my liver (i am not sure). i don't feel hungry, i do not feel any energy, i don't feel any interest in anything.
I have lost my stamina in doing my work. I have gas problems. I guess my digestion is not getting done well. I think i had gone through liver inflammation.
But good thing about me is i do not drink and i never have a feeling to drink due to my strong will power.

Kindly let me know the severity of my problem. is it dangerous?
Please suggest the treatment on this.
I will be very thankful if i ever get rid of this problem.

Thanks and Regards,
Kamlesh
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 30th, 2017

It is difficult to give a opinion if the findings you are worried about are normal or they are related to some medical disorder.

A proper physical examination will help to clear all your doubts.

It would be highly recommended that you consult your doctor who can examine you and provide a proper medical opinion.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Liver Disorders, Hepatitis A,B,C , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.