Medical Questions > Relationships > Relationships and Marriage Forum

A little worried on my 2.5 year relationship

I'm a girl, been going out for 2.5 years. We both love each other, but recently, well... long enough for me to notice that he stopped saying I love you. By that i mean, him saying it first, without me having to say it first. If i say it first then of course he'll say it back, but it's not the same. I understand sometimes it can be hard for guys to say I love you, i'd rather him saying it when he meant it, than just saying it. So, i duno, am i just being paranoid that he's falling out of love or should i be worried? Sad
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 11th, 2010
The same thing happened in my relationship, she stopped saying I Love you and all the romantic variations unless I said it first. I told myself it was nothing. Then she left me and blocked all communication.
|

replied July 12th, 2010
hmmm ><, does anyone also have this same type of experience? Or any advice to give on whether it's something to be worried or just guys being guys? :S
|

replied August 2nd, 2010
Er... I'd talk to him about it if it bothers you, he might just have gotten lazy about it! If
you've been with him that long then you should be comfortable
talking about stuff and we can't read your boyfriend's mind. Razz
|

replied August 18th, 2010
Well, there could be two things going on here (this coming from a guy).

A) He really is drifting away and out of the relationship (hopefully not)

or

B) He is at that "comfortable" stage of the relationship where he feels you know that he loves you and he doesn't need to remind you all the time for you to stick around. Personally, I don't agree with that sentiment, but trust me, that's how it can happen.
|
Quick Reply