Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

a little blood drop of bleeding on the 24 th day of cycle?

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
User Profile
My married life is 3 years. From last one year, I have tried to be pregnant. My avg. cycle period is 25 days. From couple of months, I have seen that my cycle started with a small drop of blood on the 1st day, and after that it occured normal bleeding for couple of days (Total 3 days avg.). Recently, I have experienced a little blood drop of bleeding on the 24 th day of the cycle. After that, any bleeding was absent on the 25 th day. On 26 th day, dark red clots of blood and mild bleeding was seen. Is this sign of any disorder or pregnancy or early miscarriage ?

Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile DoctorQuestion
|

User Profile
replied March 23rd, 2012
Menstruation Answer A33099
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum,
Altered bleeding could suggest possibility of infective causes. Lighter periods could suggest pregnancy possibility. If you suspect chances of pregnancy, consider visiting your doctor/gynecologist at the earliest for thorough examination (to confirm pregnancy related changes/signs in body) and blood/serum HCG level test (to confirm/rule out pregnancy accurately). If pregnancy gets ruled out, and if you have been trying for pregnancy (for more than a year) and have not been successful, you should consider getting a complete infertility work-up done for you and your partner to see if there are any underlying causes for the infertility/inability to conceive. There are many factors that govern the chances of having a successful pregnancy. Hormonal issues, problems involving ovaries and ovulation, uterine problems, tubal blocks, cervical or vaginal infections, ovarian failure/suppression etc., should be ruled out for you. For your partner, semen analysis should be done to rule out infections and to confirm the quality and quantity of sperms produced. Treatment as needed (based on examination and investigations results) would be started to help you get pregnant. Consider visiting your gynecologist/obstetrician for further evaluation and assistance and be in regular follow-up and monitoring as instructed. Have diet with foods rich in zinc content to ensure better maturation of egg and sperms. Monitor cervical mucus changes and the BBT (basal body temperature) charting to predict your ovulation and time your intercourse for having fruitful results. Have intercourse in positions that allow for deeper penetration for high deposit of semen.
Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Menstruation , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.