Medical Questions > Relationships > Dating Forum

A guy not calling you back for a month.

User Profile
I have been seeing this guy for 3 years and it had come to a point it has been getting very serious. During the week the 15th (thursday) december was my birthday and i did txt him and asked him to come out for my birthday but he never did come. Friday i was sleeping so i did get 2 missed calls so i called him back on Saturday. Now when i called him he was in the city and he told me he would call me back tomorrow night Sunday. I never received anything from him. Just keeping it casual i sent him nice txt messages and saying hope all is well with you and all. And yesterday i called him no answer and i think he had cut my call it only rang for a short while. I txt him after saying "i think i have an idea. But thanks for letting me know." I think may have a girlfriend. But it does hurt when you get close to someone that you have known for 5 years and seeing each other for 3 years and i dont get it. I did have he's friends turning their backs against me which of course makes me think i have done something wrong, but i dont know.. Im confused he wont answer my calls no one has said anything to me i find it very weird. I have deleted he's number off my phone cuz i know i will end up doing something stupid so im kinda backing off... Can anyone tell me what you would think is going on and what i should do. I feel embarrassed..
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile KrisSA88
|

replied January 9th, 2012
I'm not sure whats going on in his head, it could be innocent or he could have a girlfriend. I think you have done the right thing. Let him come to you. If he doesn't then you'll know he's an ass. you gave him the opportunity to let you know what was happening now it's his turn.
I would say though that if he gets in touch in the next few weeks, play it cool. Don't jump at the chance to see him as he may only be after one thing. then maybe sit down and talk to him about where things are going. tell him you don't want to spoil things but you need to know where you stand. it's only fair. you are not his toy.
If he doesn't contact you again try to move on. All women can cope on their own, men are not necessary for happiness. I found through experience that we need to spend time single and happy to find who we are and then we can be happy in relationships.
|
Users who thank dkitty for this post: KrisSA88 

User Profile
replied January 9th, 2012
Experienced User
I know he does have a lot going on this is why i have backed off. In a way i am scared that he may have a girlfriend and i know it is the right thing for me to actually just wait. I dont know if i want to ask him questions cuz i know it wouldn't be any of my business. So yes im going to wait and see. If he doesn't call yes he is an ass. But "why are men are not necessary for happiness?" Thanks its great to hear that im actually doing the right thing.
|

replied January 10th, 2012
I spent years being told I'd never cope without my ex husband. But I did. I spent 3 years as a single mum and loved every minute. Now i have a great guy and we're very happy. I have just found that relying on a partner or man to make you happy can lead to big problems. women are very powerful and have great coping skills. look how they held the world together during ww2. Men are great if you find the right one. Hang in there and I'm sure he'll contact you when he's less busy. When I started seeing my new man we had 2 dates then nothing for months despite me texting first. then he got in contact again and I decided to give him another chance. we've been together a year now. so it can work, good luck I hope he contacts you soon.
|

User Profile
replied January 10th, 2012
Experienced User
Wow that sounds amazing what you have and you are right "relying on a partner or man to make you happy can lead to big problems". Im just going to play it cool find something for my self at the moment to take things off my mind. And i will wait for he's call if not then i know. But i will know. thanks for your i really appreciate it And congrates with your new man. Smile
|

User Profile
replied January 12th, 2012
Experienced User
What you mean datingada??
|
Quick Reply