Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Gout Forum

A good urine pH range

Must Read
Gout is a common type of arthritis and accounts for about 5% of all cases of arthritic condition. But what is gout and what are the stages of this condition?...
Gout manifest for physical reasons...but what puts you at a greater risk of developing the disease? What risk factors should you avoid?...
Gout present symptoms mainly in the joints. Learn which signs to look for, and when you should seek medical help and diagnosis of gout....
All & JYY2:

I'm new to this forum and posted part of this message at the end of another post, but I wanted to repost it here as its own subject for the forum's feedback.

I've read most of the posts on this site, have printed and studied all of the information on JYY2's ICMG site and am deeply appreciative of all of the information and shared experience (even including the recurring and continual reminder on this board about sleep apenea, courtesy of "Painfree").

I was diagnosed five years ago at age 42. I have an active lifestyle, low BP, and a family gout history with my maternal Grandfather. Since being diagnosed I'm beginning to notice an increased frequency of attacks during a year time period - I'm now up to about three or four a year.

The BS method of alkalizing was new for me and I just found out about this during my most recent attack when I found this forum. BS seems to have given me relief and also opened my eyes to the importance of "Think pH" in terms of gout so I'm resolved to monitor this more closely. Some questions:

1. What is the best brand of Urine pH testing stuff to buy?

2. What is the preferred pH range to see for daily pH urine tests?

3. Generally, at what Urine pH should I consider optimum and at what number should I begin being concerned that my urine pH is too low?

4. I've seen contradictions on the acidity vs. the alkaline measurements of different foods. Is there a simple list of confirmed alkaline foods with pH values somewhere? I really want to know what the good alkaline ones are so I can focus and always insure I'm including these in my diet as a balance to the more acidic stuff.

5. Is there a recommended Gout sufferrer's Cookbook?

6. Finally, I usually exercise vigorously and frequently (when not sufferring from gout) and have heard that lactic acid from the exercise can bring on an attack. Will BS also reduce this type of non-food related acid?

Thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 24th, 2008
Opinion on #1 & 6
1. What is the best brand of Urine pH testing stuff to buy?

google ph stix

6. Finally, I usually exercise vigorously and frequently (when not sufferring from gout) and have heard that lactic acid from the exercise can bring on an attack. Will BS also reduce this type of non-food related acid?

Lactic acid as know to Most athletes caused the BURN what you exceed you aerobic capacity... We usually ride it out until the body reuses lactic acid or steals enough calcium to buffer the lactic acid...

And for people with Gout ... it is widely accepted that extended exercise will trigger an atttack... Fotunately there are items on the market, that are touted as "sports enhancers" , but they actually help the body BUFFER against Lactic acid and or provide chemicals that can be used for enery and keep you out of the lactic acid burn...

Google sportslegs.... and optygen (sodium phosphate) ...
Google blood Ph horses .... yes horses
google blood ph citrates
|
Did you find this post helpful?