Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

a cut inside my vagina, Will it get infected ?

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
User Profile
I recently was cut inside my vagina by my boyfriend and it bled loads. I took a look and it's quite a large cut. Should I go to the doctor or just leave it heal? It bled the day after it happened too. Will it get infected if i just leave it? I'm only 17 and I am really worried about it and don't want to tell my parents unless I have to. Please help me because it hurts.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper kristigraham
|

replied August 21st, 2011
Community Volunteer
It all depends on where the cut is. Normally cuts or tears inside your vagina will heal by itself. There is not much tha can be done there for a cut anyways.

Or are you describing a tear/cut at the back of your vaginal entrance (in the soft tissue between your vagina and anus? This tears easily during rough sex or assault, or by a clumbsy partner.

Sometimes stitches may be necessary there. Normally small cuts will just heal by itself. Keep yourself clean (spray with a water bottle after you pee and wipe backwards to keep bacteria from your anus away from your vagina. Pat yourself dry. Wear cotton panties (with full crotches, not strings) with lose fitting pants, or better, skirts or dresses. Sleep without panties. Pat yourself dry whenever you get wet. Take NSAID pin killers that fight infection.

If it gets worse, consider telling your mom.

Best of luck!
|

User Profile
replied August 21st, 2011
It's just by the entrance to the actual vagina. It's still bleeding a little and it's been two days since it's happened.
Thank you so much. If it gets worse I'll definitely tell my mom. But that's not one conversation I want to have!
Thank you very much again Smile
|
Quick Reply