If you want a re-do on New Years resolutions start February 3 with the Chinese New Year – Year of the Rabbit. We know the Rabbit is gentler than last years Tiger; its a year to catch your breath and calm your nerves.
Support and cleanse your liver and calm the sleep issues that accompany stress, de-stress with an easy DIY tea. I found all the ingredients in the Whole Foods bulk herb section.
- 1 tsp Dandelion leafs/tea (liver and blood cleanser)
- 1 tsp Milk Thistle (liver and blood cleanser)
- 5 Rose buds (reduces pent up tension) or 1/8 tsp Lavender buds (calms nerves)
- tsp Nutmeg from your kitchen (reduce bloating and discomfortsometimes a liver energy issue)
- 1 Licorice stick (overall toner)
- A little lemon zest is always a nice addition to revive the Liver
To relieve the physical symptoms that accompany stress, you have to breathe! Tap on sternum with 2 fingertips as you breathe into your low belly. Make sure your shoulders dont rise and the upper lung under your chest is the last part to fill with air. Take 6 seconds to inhale through your nose and 12 seconds to exhale slowly through your mouth. Repeat 5 times
To relieve the mental symptoms that accompany stress, you have to stop the repetitive thoughts. Exercise is always the go-to activity to get out of your head, but a quick fix is sound.
- If you hold a tone, hum, you cant think of anything else. Try it, hum one note, after a minute your body will be humming, you wont be able to think about whats bugging you and youll be more relaxed.
- Specific sounds and colors correlate to energy centers in Chinese Medicine, to revive your Liver energy, take a deep inhale and exhale the sound SSHHHHHHHH and visualize a green light. Do this with three long breaths daily.