The following appeared today.
Leading e-health sites to undergo $52m record transition
by: Karen Dearne
From: The Australian
June 26, 2012 12:00AM
THE Gillard government will spend $52 million transitioning work done at three lead sites to the new personally controlled e-health record system over the next six months.
Three former GP divisions (now rebadged as Medicare Locals) -- in Brisbane North, Hunter Valley, NSW and in Melbourne East -- each received $5 million in mid-2010 to implement software supporting the PCEHR system and to trial the use of records by doctors and patients.
A Health Department spokeswoman said the National E-Health Transition Authority had been given $51.8m in order to "support transition of the lead e-health sites to the PCEHR infrastructure over the next six months".
"This transition is occurring progressively until December," she said.
A further $33.4m had been paid to NEHTA as the commonwealth's half-share of the body's...
This is the initial part of the post - read more by clicking on the title of the article. David.